Not sure how long this tradition has been going on, but as far as I know for the past few years, I have seen how Aragon founder & owner, Mr. Wing Liang celebrates his birthday by offering mystery boxes of different value but at an amazing price tag ! It’s like a birthday gift for his fans, followers and existing watch owners too. This year is no exception and I decided to give it a try and to experience buying something you don’t know what is in it but you know you are in for a treat.
So, for 2019, it comes in 3 options to choose from :
- The Black Box worth @ $499.88
- The 50mm Automatic Box worth @ $89.88
- The 48mm Quartz Box worth @ $39.88
I went ahead and purchased the 50mm box because previously I bought the limited edition Divemaster EVO 50mm in pink dial, and it fitted perfectly on my 6.5″ wrist. And in my mind, I was crossing my finger for the latest Sea Charger model that was recently launched too ! However it was not the wish I had wanted for… the watch received was the Silverjet Miyota 8N24 Skeleton. A little disappointed but for the price I paid, there is no complaints at all.
Let’s start off with the technical specifications of it :
- Movement: Miyota 8N24 Skeleton Automatic with 21 jewels
- Case Measurements: 50mm
- Case Thickness: 20mm
- Crown: Screw Down Crown
- Bracelet: Stainless Steel
- Lug Width: 24mm
- Water Resistance: 500 meters
My impression of the watch…
The positive :
- The price of course ! For $89.88 there is no way you can get any watch of this build and specifications. It’s really value for money indeed !
- The bracelet is truly different and amazing.
- The build quality – I really need to emphasis this again. Aragon watches is not only about the design, but it focuses a lot on the build quality too.
- The lume on the dial is awesome.
- I like how the skeleton dial is designed to showcase the movement.
The negative :
- The size is a bit too big for my wrist. Very unfortunate because of the case shape, unlike the previous model I had – Divemaster EVO which was also a 50mm but fitted nicely on my 6.5″ wrist.
- The weight… is a bit too much for me.
- The chunkiness is a bit way too manly for me.
Overall, this is not a watch for me to keep in my watch collection, though for someone out there with a bigger muscular wrist, then this is the watch I would recommend you ! For what it’s worth… for the price I paid, I can’t fault anything on this watch besides the size, else I would have definitely be keeping it longer for more instagram shots.
Nonetheless, I think Mr. Wing Liang did another amazing job on this again and I will definitely consider getting another mystery box next year…