The aim of ARPIEM (located in Bordeaux France) is to propose an original design for a quality but affordable racing watch. The Tribute is unique using shapes, words, numbers and colors finding their meanings in the memories of the motor racing world of the 60’s – early 70’s.
The collection consists of 4 models, each one being inspired by a racing legend of the sixties: Graham Hill (TGH), Bruce McLaren (TBML), Jim Clark (TJC) and John Wyer (TJW).
Reliability and high quality have been the key words when deciding of the specifications of the ARPIEM which enjoys the following specifications:
- THE CASE of the Tribute is made out of 316L steel, meaning durability and toughness. A waterproof level of 5 ATM is proposed.
- THE DIAL: the shape of the secondary dials (the “pandas”) is inspired by the manometers of the cars of the sixties . Indexes of the main dial represent the RPM counter.
- DIAL TRIPLE LAYER for a high quality perception of the dial: this specification gives an elegant volume to the dial; it also recalls the “sandwich” construction of the chassis of racing cars before carbon fiber was adopted.
- THE MOUVEMENT: choice of Z50 quartz chronograph of the famous RONDA swiss maker is definitely the choice of safety and accuracy.
- DOMED SAPPHIRE GLASS: the hardest and best quality of glass available on the market. Hardly scratchable (by diamond only), the domed conception gives to the watch a nice vintage effect.
- REVISITED TACHYMETER: the indexes on tachymeter are normally irregularly dispatched on the surface of the circle. The ARPIEM Tribute indexes are placed in the way of the diving watch, giving the speed at each position of 5 seconds on the tachymeter.
- COLORS COMBINATIONS OF THE 4 MODELS: blue and orange, navy and white, green and yellow, range and black are tributes to iconic racers, racing cars makers or team managers of the 60’s and early 70’s.
ARPIEM is going live on Kickstarter (starting Oct 17th) with a special KS pledge price of €179 (USD 205). The expected launch retail price will be €269.
Editors Note: This is a user submitted post. All content is provided by the submitter. This is a new feature to make it easier for brands to announce new releases. Please let us know in the comments if you would like to see this kind of content on MBWW.