The Peren Hintz is the 3rd release from Andy Bica. Staying true to the Transylvanian inspiration and heritage of Peren, The Hintz is a tribute to the work of Eugen Hintz, one of the most respected and successful watchmakers in 1900’s Transylvania.
In the words of Peren: Peren Hintz is a Swiss Made Mechanical timepiece inspired by the pocket Watch received from a Swiss manufacture by one of the first Transylvanian watchmaker, Eugen Hintz(1869-1962).
The pocket Watch ‘Wyler Eugen Hintz | Fagaras’ was produced in the interwar period by a Swiss Watch manufacturer, Paul Wyler & Cie (Fabrique des Montres Wyler SA), company founded in 1925 who became well known in the watchmaking world thanks to their patent obtained for the invention of the balance wheel protection known as Incaflex.
Because Peren Hintz is an homage brought to one of Transylvania’s most important watchmaker, a rotating disk inspired by the ‘Andesite Sun’ found next to one of the most precise ancient calendar located in Transylvania, is positioned at the 6H Watch subdial. The integration of the Solar Disk into the Peren Hintz Watch is meant to emphasize the continuity of the perennial philosophy from ancient Transylvania to the present time. The disk is the exact representation of the ‘Andesite Sun’ from the Transylvanian based Sarmizegetusa Regia site, converted from meters to millimeters.
Peren Hintz Specifications
- Diameter: 42.50mm
- Height: 11.20mm
- Lug to Lug: 50mm
- Case: Two-tone 316L Stainless Steel, hand polished
- Caseback: Display back
- Movement: Swiss Made ETA Unitas 6498-1
- Functions: Hour/Minute/ small second disk
- Power reserve: 50 Hours
- Crystal: 3 layers anti-reflective coated Sapphire, domed
- Dial: Metal dial, embossed indexes
- Disk: Aluminium rotating disk
- Hands: Brass, diamond cut
- Strap: 22mm Genuine Leather, steel buckle
- Water resistance: 100M/10ATM
- Limited Edition: 300 pieces
- Expected Price: 396 CHF, 496 CHF*
- Expected Retail Price: 796 CHF
- Expected Kickstarter launch: Summer 2020
- *Kickstarter pre-order limited early bird price – ETA Unitas 6498-1 Standard
- **Kickstarter pre-order limited early bird price – ETA Unitas 6498-1 Elabore
At over 90% funded on Kickstarter at time of writing, The Hintz is all but ready to go into production. Early bird price is 496 CHF (approx 520 USD) and regular pledge is 596 CHF (approx 630 USD). Post Kickstarter retail will be 788 CHF (approx 830 USD). Available now on Kickstarter.