Minuteman Watches are doing a great job building their reputation as an American micro brand, with assembly of all their watches in the USA and their support of veteran charities and causes. This new release slated for 1st quarter next year keeps to their proud tradition of no nonsense field watches.
The Independence has been designed by Chris Wiegand owner of Lum-Tec watches and is proudly assembled in Mentor Ohio USA by Lum-Tec watch company. Lum-Tec is a well established brand that has gained a lot of fans with their cool military designs.
Minuteman plan to offer only 100 watches in the first production run with the design available in what appears to be bead blasted steel (25 pieces) and black PVD (75 pieces). The watches have a 5 year limited warranty and they offer free lifetime battery replacement. Commendably, Minuteman have pledged 25% of the profit from their net annual sales to charities assisting veterans & their Families.
- Assembled in the United States of America.
- 40mm case width without crown.
- Sapphire crystal with anti reflective coating on the inside.
- Swiss Quartz movement (currently planning to use Ronda 515.)
- Water resistant to 100 meters.
- Stainless Steel case and crown with black PVD option.
- Individually serial numbered.
- Free lifetime battery replacement.
- 5 year limited warranty.
- Luminous hands and markers.
The stainless steel version will be available for pre-order at $250 ($309 at release) and the black PVD version at $275 ($329 at release). More information is available on the Minuteman web store, Facebook page and newsletter.