There are many reasons to start a watch brand but one I’m particularly drawn to is the desire to represent ones culture through watch design. Ianuarius Richie Watches hails from Indonesia and has the lofty goal of becoming Indonesia’s first luxury watch brand.
While the Ianuarius Richie Watch may at first appear to be a fairly standard quartz minimalist design, the attention to detail sets this one apart. The mixed polished and brushed surfaces on the case, finishes also found on the deployant clasp and the polished hands and indices all combine to play with the light and provide a rich visual texture. The ceramic dial is a nice touch and is available in egg shell or solid black.
The design is apparently inspired by the Ulun Danu Bratan Temple of Bali. While the visual link to the temple inspiration for the design is not clear, the watch does feature a beautifully detailed engraving of the temple on the case back. Perhaps it was more a case of feeling inspired to create in a beautiful place rather than a direct design style inspiration.
The Ianuarius Richie Watches project is currently live on Indiegogo with pledge tiers starting at USD 239 which includes shipping to most major countries.
- Dimension: 40 mm Diameter x Ultra Thin 6.8 mm
- Lug width: 20 mm
- Lug to Lug: 47.5 mm
- High Quality Swiss Made Ronda Movement
- Case: 316L Surgical Grade Stainless Steel with Rose Gold Ion Plating
- Crystal: Sapphire Crystal Glass treated with inner coating anti-reflective
- Dial: Beautiful Solid Black or Eggshell White Ceramic Dial
- Caseback: 6-screws case back with signature artwork
- Genuine Leather With Alligator Grain and tone stitching
- Double Butterfly Deployment Clasp with logo engraved
- Water Resistant 3 ATM
- Warranty: One (1) Year