Which Kickstarter watches have caught everyone’s attention this week? Here’s 4 picks that have got the watch groups talking!
In it’s final few days, the Everyday from Miro watches has done very well on Kickstarter. Why is it worth your time? Well the auto version is a Miyota 9015 for USD 200 which is a very attractive price for a tidy well presented dress watch. There’s lots of dial and strap colours to choose from so you’re bound to find a combo you like.
Pledge kr 980 (USD 115) for quartz and kr 1,700 (USD 200) for automatic.
|SPECIFICATIONS||EVERYDAY AUTO||EVERYDAY QUARTZ|
|Case material||Stainless steel, 316L||Stainless steel, 316L|
|Case finish||Mix brushed and polished||Mix brushed and polished|
|Crystal||Domed Sapphire, AR Coated||Domed Sapphire, AR Coated|
|Movement||Miyota 9015, Automatic||Miyota 2036, Quartz|
|Strap||Steel mesh / leather/ nato||Steel mesh / leather/ nato|
|Hands||Luminous, SL||Luminous, SL|
|Index markers||Luminous, SL||Luminous, SL|
With 2 and a half weeks to go the Flyback Chronograph Pilot watch by Aviateur Co. has been a massive success, raising 9 times their original goal. They’re big and chunky and if this is your jam then you’ll be very pleased with the aviator style.
Pledges available starting at USD 139.
– Sandwiches dial analog time display.
– Super lume dial and hands.
– Japanese citizen miyota os 11/00 movements.
– 3136L stainless steels watch case.
– PVD case coating.
– High quality mineral glass top.
– Inter-changeable zulu watch straps: Genuine leather / super durable nylon.
– Watch battery: SR927W.
– Chronograph 1/1 sec.timing up to 59min 59 sec.
– Push start/stop flyback chronograph.
– Date of the month display.
– 100 meter water resistant.
– Glow in the dark lume hands.
– Watch case diameter: 48mm.
– Watch case thickness: 15mm.
– Watch lug size: 24mm.
Another massive success in it’s last few days, the Genesis X1A from LIV offers a Swiss Sellita automatic movement for under USD 500. Looking past the tired “redefining Swiss automatic watches” marketing, this is great value for an original design.
Available pledges start at USD 439.
– Case diameter: 42mm (47.2 with crown).
– Case thickness: 11.6mm.
– Total watch length (including strap): 254mm.
– Strap width at the lugs: 22mm.
– Strap width at the pinhole: 19 mm.
– Buckle width: 23.8mm.
– Watch weight: 100 – 1-5 grams (depending on the strap chosen).
The LIV GX 1-A Swiss Automatic Watch features the accurate Sellita SW200 Swiss Movement.
– Frequency: 28’800 A/h (4Hz).
– Running time: 38 hours.
– Number of jewels: 26.
– Functions: Display by means of hands hours, minutes, seconds. Date display in window.
– Winding stem: 3 positions: 1) Manula winding 2) Quick correction of date 3) Time setting.
– Barrel spring: Nivaflex.
The dial of the LIV GX1-A is easy to read, thanks to its three-dimensional multi layered construction and clean design. The indexes and hands are topped off with strong luminescence, Super-LumiNova BGW9, which is aesthetically pleasing during the day and gives you great visibility at night.
Only sapphire (front & back).
– Double injected silicone.
– Canvas style.
100M water resistant.
The stand out feature on this British designed piece is that spectacular layered dial. And if you were wondering, yes this one has also been a massive hit. Marloe have mixed it up a bit by going for a hand wound movement instead of the more popular automatic. This is a great choice to differentiate themselves from the other offerings. The Sea-Gull ST36 movement is very nice to look at through the exhibition case back.
Available pledge start at £169 (USD 245).
– 43.4mm diameter x 12mm high (lug tips to crystal zenith).
– 20mm lug width, 48mm top to toe.
– Sea-Gull ST36 hand-wound mechanical movement with 21, 600bph.
– Power reserve of over 50 hours when wound fully.
– Double-domed sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating.
– Exhibition case-back with custom glass and perimeter engraving.
– Multi-layered dial.
– 72g (with strap).
The newest project of the bunch, the Concept Watch O1 has yet to reach its goal but it is certainly one of the most original Kickstarter watches in recent times with it’s clear polymer case. The case puts the skeletonised Miyota 8N24-E21 movement on display front and centre and it is a beauty.
Available pledges start at €289 (USD 325)
– Miyota 8N24-E21 skeleton.
– Self-winding mechanical movement.
Diam. 26.00mm / height 5.55mm.
Vibration 21.600 per hour.
Shock-absorber for balance staff.
– Hours / Minutes / Seconds
Case – Glass
– Polymer* (Colorless).
– Dimensions: Diam. 44.00mm.
Thickness 14.30 mm
– Crown screwdown, stainless steel.
– Polymer* (Colorless)
– to 5 bars (50 meters) approx.
– Polymer* (Colorless / Black / Green)
– Hours / Minutes: blue, skeleton.
– Seconds: Baton.
Strap / Clasp
– Black Crocodile grain (padded profile).
– Diam. 20/18mm.
– Lightweight (33g)
– Two (2) years.
Made in France