So little time, so many great Kickstarter watches to choose from! These round ups are coming around so often now, they really need a catchy name. If you’ve got any suggestions please put it in the comments! So without further ado, lets see what’s good on Kickstarter this week.
Dubbed the Peregrine Squadron Chronograph, this offering by Genesee Watch Co. is a very tidy pilot style chronograph. I particularly like the scalloped bezel and onion crown. Combined with the large pusher buttons, the whole watch has a very appealing retro-modern look. There are a number of dial and strap combinations to choose from as well as a black PVD or matte stainless steel case finish.
- Case Diameter: 44.5mm without crown
- Case Height: 9.1 mm
- Strap Material: Genuine leather or canvas ZULU
- Strap Width: 22mm
- Case Material: Matte finish steel or matte finish black PVD
- Crystal Material: Sapphire crystal
- Movement: Chronograph with date Japanese quartz movement
- Water Resistant: 5 ATM / 50 Meters
Available pledges start at USD $189.
These types of watches are always popular on Kickstarter. A mix of fashionable design and an attractive price no doubt helps! While some purists may look down on this sort of watch, they are popular and many collections have started with a watch like this. At the very least they are a gateway into the wonderful world of watches. The simple radial brush finish of the dial is complemented by an excellent font choice for the Arabic numerals. other options include matte dials in various colours, various straps and a stainless steel or black PVD case finish.
- Case Material: Stainless Steel Case
- Diameter: 45mm
- Face Diameter: 40mm
- Thickness: 12mm
- Band Material: Italian Genuine Leather
- Band Width: 22mm
- Movement: Swiss ronda
- Glass: Sapphire
- Display: Analog
- Buckle: Stainless
- Date Function: English/Italian
- Water Resistance: 5ATM
Available pledges start at CAD $129 (USD $95)
Kickstarter veterans Manchester Watch Works are at it again with their latest offering, the Armada. We spoke with founder Doug Kim a little while back and he gave us some insight into his watch making philosophy. This is a watch by an enthusiast for enthusiasts. MWW have a great track record of delivering well thought out pieces and the Armada is no exception.
- Seiko NH35 automatic movement
- 41mm 316L stainless steel case; brushed and polished surfaces; 12mm thick
- 200m WR Rating
- 20mm lugs
- Double-domed sapphire crystal with AR coating
- 120-click uni-directional bezel (lumed at 12 o’clock position)
Available pledges start at USD $240.
Anicorn made a name for themselves with the Series 000 they released in 2014 on Kickstarter. Like the Series K452 it also used the novel concentric discs to tell time and was a big hit. The Series K452 has simplified the concept while remaining intriguing with it’s links to space exploration.
- MOVEMENT: Miyota 9015 automatic movement
- FUNCTION: Hours, minutes, seconds
- HOUSING: 316L Stainless steel, Ø 1.62 in(42mm), height 0.5in (12.5mm), back & screws, PvD black plating.
- DIAL: 3 independent concentric discs, graduated for hours and minutes; the seconds are marked out in the center disc. The hour and minute discs are read through an aperture with a single engraved line at the top of the watch.
- GLASS: Convex hard Plexiglass
- WATER-RESISTANCE: 50 meters (5ATM)
- STRAP: Milanese bracelet with safety buckle / cow skin genuine leather, stainless steel buckle with PvD black plating.
Available pledges start at USD $329.
The Brigadier Chronograph is a follow up to the successful Brigadier launched by Mercer Watch Co back in 2015. You can learn a bit more about Mercer from our interview with Scott Vuocolo. The Brigadier Chronograph is a smart (in the style sense rather than the tech sense) dress chronograph that repurposes the Brigadier case. There’s a lot of depth in the dial thanks to the multiple textures and layers. It succeeds in adding intricacy without looking cluttered.
- 42mm case diameter, 11mm thickness at its thickest point
- Seiko VK64 mecaquartz chronograph movement
- Sapphire crystal front with antireflective treatment, engraved case back
- Screw down crown
- 100 meter water resistance
- Luminous dauphine style hands
- Croc patterned leather strap with contrasting stitching and signed buckle
One year limited warranty
Available pledges start at USD $219
That wraps up this week’s roundup! What do you think of our choices? Are you backing any of them? Any we missed that you think deserve our attention? Let us know in the comments!