Zelos are no strangers to Kickstarter with 3 very successful campaigns behind them. This new one is sure to please with it’s unique handset and unusual style.
The hands are the centrepiece of the Cosmos. Like the orbits of satellites, each disk rotates about the axis to display time in a striking manner. Each hand is intricately cut from an extremely thin sheet of metal, remaining feather light to be powered by the Miyota automatic movement. A sandblast finish is finally applied to the hands for an understated look.
The dial has been designed to be visually exceptional. It consists of 4 levels, 2 of which are constructed from sapphire glass. Yes, the ultra hard sapphire glass that adorns most luxury watches. The outer sapphire ring holds the polished hour markers, conveying an illusion of flotation. This outer ring is held by 4 screws which must be attached with great care as sapphire is extremely prone to cracking due to its hardness. An inner sapphire ring serves as a minute track, with the numerals finely laser engraved on each ring. An exquisitely brushed base dial concludes the dial.
- 45mm 316L Stainless Steel case. Lugluss Design which wears slightly smaller than other 45mm watches.
- Brushed, polished and sandblasted Case finishings
- 24 Jewel Automatic Movement Miyota(owned by Citizen) 9015: Japan made and comparable reliability with Swiss movements.
- Front Sapphire, Double Domed with beveled edges. Inner AR coating
- Engraved logo on seconds hand, crown and buckle.
- 1 Year International Warranty
At time of writing, the campaign is nearly halfway funded in its first hour and is likely to be as big a success as their previous campaigns. Don’t miss out on what is likely to be one of this years biggest crowd funded watches.