Ready to kick ass and chew gum but you’re all out of gum? Well good luck getting any more gum because the store closed 20 minutes ago. Now you’ll just have to kick ass with the new MEW 005 DEPTH PILOT.
Pilot style watches are definitely en vogue at the moment in the way divers were a year ago with a slew of recent and upcoming releases in the popular style. The latest offering by MEW is solid and it’s most standout feature is the 4th hand for 24H time or a second time zone.
MEW is angling its branding towards people in uniform, IE; Military Personal, Police, Fire Fighters, Emergency personnel, Paramedics, etc. I think they will definitely appeal to that market with their practical styling. The extra timezone feature is also going to appeal to people who regularly travel.
The Swiss made Ronda 515.24H quartz movement powers the MEW 005 DEPTH PILOT and allows MEW to keep the price to a very affordable $99 USD for the first 200 backers.
Full Specifications of MEW 005 DEPTH PILOT:
- Stainless Steel(304L) sandblasted case
- Shock resistant
- 42×50 mm with 38 mm screen opening
- Lug width 22 mm
- 10 ATM water resistant (100m /330 ft)
- Gasketed screw down crown
- engraved case back
- Ronda 515.24H Swiss made. Independent second time zone hand, Hour, minute, second, date.
DIAL & CRYSTAL
- Sunray grey dial. Domed mineral crystal.
- Index dial. Index, hands, numerals are superluminova luminated (glow green and blue)
STRAP & BRACELET
- Black rubber or orange stitch calf leather strap with brushed, logo engraved buckle.
The MEW 005 DEPTH PILOT is available for pre-order now on Kickstarter starting at $99USD for Early Bird pledge tiers.